none
Reverse Lookup Zone in AD RRS feed

• Question

• When i create a reverse lookup zone , by default i want it to be created for Secure and Non-Secure Updates. I'm using ldap jndi to create the zones since there are no well defined apis for windows ( can't use powershell since everything except dns is *nix).

Thoughts. This is on Windows 2012

Sunday, November 10, 2019 2:34 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

>> I'm using ldap jndi to create the zones since there are no well defined apis for windows ( can't use powershell since everything except dns is *nix).

I am a bit confused about your query. Did you want to create Reverse Lookup Zone with powershell? Please feel free to let me know if my understanding is wrong.

You could run the following cmdlet to create a reverse lookup zone for secure updates, like:

Add-DnsServerPrimaryZone -DynamicUpdate Secure -ComputerName DC2 -NetworkId "192.168.3.0/24" -ReplicationScope Domain

For more details about Add-DnsServerPrimaryZone cmdlet, you could refer to the following link:

Add-DnsServerPrimaryZone

If you query is more related with powershell, you could have this asked in powershell forum for better answers. Here is the forum link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverpowershell

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, November 11, 2019 3:51 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. It's not related to powershell . I'm using the standard ldap libraries to create records in AD to create the reverse zone.
    Monday, November 11, 2019 4:53 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your clarifying.

Here is an article talking about Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, you could have a look:

Lightweight Directory Access Protocol

Please understand, since LDAP is related with AD, which our forum doesn't focus on.

If you have any LDAP related questions , you could contact AD forum for further help.

I have consulted with my AD forum colleagues. He told me that for LDAP API related question, it is more related with development and programming languages.

And you might have this asked in MSDN forum for better answers:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home

In addition, you could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.
    If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Highly appreciate your time!

Best Regards,
    Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, November 11, 2019 6:52 AM
  • Hi ,

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Candy

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 8:08 AM