none
Windows server vpn setup RRS feed

• Question

• Routing and Remote Access. Open the console and you will see a red down arrow over the server name. nothing appear for my case i want to install vpn client to server 
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 1:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It means you need to complete the configuration wizard.

Please refer to the link below to configure VPN server:

https://www.thomasmaurer.ch/2016/10/how-to-install-vpn-on-windows-server-2016/  

However, if you want to configure VPN client on the server, please create a new VPN connection in network and sharing center.

Best regards,

Travis 

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:13 AM
  • Hello ziyad jemal,

Please check the following link for more information about how to implement Routing and Remote Aceess in Windows Server.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/rras/portal

Mark it as answer if your question has solved in order to keep forums updated.

• Marked as answer by ziyad jemal Thursday, July 11, 2019 7:49 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by ziyad jemal Thursday, July 11, 2019 7:49 AM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:30 AM
  • Already Done this process  opens a new wizard which will help you to configure the server. On the first screen select “Deploy VPN only“. but it same result but still local server never shown in routing and remote access its only show me server status 
    Thursday, July 11, 2019 3:28 AM
  • Hi,

"Deploy VPN only"means configure a VPN server.

If you just want to configure VPN client, please create a VPN connection in network and sharing center.

Best regards,

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 11, 2019 7:43 AM