none
CU5 for DPM 2012 r2 RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so have been running DPM 2012 r2 now for almost 4 months now on my companies servers per my Network Admins decision. When I set this up I set my short term recovery to be 14 days. We purchased Azure for our long term retention and when setting this up in DPM I noticed I could only choose a max of 120 backups. I asked my Admin and he said not to worry about it. As a new network tech I said okay. Now a week ago now I have finally upgraded our DPM 2012 instance to CU5 to support Exchange and also for the long term retention policy changes. Now when I go into DPM and try and change the old backup Retention policy for online I do not get the new options. I created a new protection group of and added a server I have not setup yet and I do get the new options on that one.

My question is, is there a way to convert my old protection groups backup policy to the new ones without losing my current online backups? I tried to stop protection of the group and choose the check boxes to leave the data that is online but when I go to re-create the backup and choose online protection it tells me I cannot change the policies on the protection group as a policy already exists.

Thank you

Dale Senn

Dale Senn

Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Unfortunately the two policies are not compatible so the old policy cannot be converted to the new policy without removing online protection, deleting the online backups and re-protecting.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunately the two policies are not compatible so the old policy cannot be converted to the new policy without removing online protection, deleting the online backups and re-protecting.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:01 PM
  • I was afraid of that answer. Well when my Admin gets back from vacation I will tell him the good news :)..  Thank you for the quick response.

Thank you

Dale Senn

Dale Senn

Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:05 PM