none
No password, phone sign in for Microsoft "Work or school account" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Can you guys clarify if this new option (No password, phone sign in for Microsoft accounts!) on app is possible to be used with working accounts of Office 365, if not there are any roadmap for this?

I make update to the last Microsoft Authenticator app and do not find how to configure "Enable phone sign-in."

I'm using one "Work or school account" office 365 account.

thks

Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:28 AM

All replies

• Hi HMNPRO,

For now, phone sign-in is only available for personal Microsoft account.

"if not there are any roadmap for this?"

We have not get some information about this, if you want to enable phone sign-in for Work or school account, you could give your feedback to this link below, all of the feedback you share in this link will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c0c10232-3093-4cf9-9ecc-c131c7643eaa/give-us-your-feedback?forum=MicrosoftAuthenticatorApp

"I make update to the last Microsoft Authenticator app and do not find how to configure "Enable phone sign-in.""

Newly added personal Microsoft accounts are automatically enabled. we can check it from sign page, if phone sign-in enabled, we will find the link "Use the Microsoft Authenticator app instead".  If we can'd find this link, to enable this feature, maybe we can remove this account from Microsoft Authenticator APP and re-add it.

If you have any questions about Microsoft Authenticator APP, welcome to post back here.

Best regards,

Jason

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 9:02 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Jason Ye

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 7:56 AM