The certificate status could not be determined because the revocation check failed. RRS feed

Answers

• Some certs are more equal than other certs.

If the cert authority and authentication chain include a root certificate provider that you have listed in your computers root providers list, and if that root cert provider provides an addressible way to check for revocation, the workflow will function normally.

If you used a "discount" cert vendor to get an HTTPS server certificate, and that provider uses a root that is not in your trusted root list, consider getting a new cert provider.  On the off chance that the root used by your cert provider is one you trust, consider adding that cert root to the root certificate trusted roots store.  Beware - doing this wihout consulting a security expert could open your computer up to trojan certificate attacks.

Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, May 9, 2011 9:24 AM
    Monday, May 2, 2011 11:21 PM
  • Hi,

According to the discription, this issue should be related to Exchange server. Given this situation, I suggest posting it to Exchange server forum as below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradmin/threads

Thank you.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 8:01 AM

All replies

• Some certs are more equal than other certs.

If the cert authority and authentication chain include a root certificate provider that you have listed in your computers root providers list, and if that root cert provider provides an addressible way to check for revocation, the workflow will function normally.

If you used a "discount" cert vendor to get an HTTPS server certificate, and that provider uses a root that is not in your trusted root list, consider getting a new cert provider.  On the off chance that the root used by your cert provider is one you trust, consider adding that cert root to the root certificate trusted roots store.  Beware - doing this wihout consulting a security expert could open your computer up to trojan certificate attacks.

Microsoft Corporation
    Monday, May 2, 2011 11:21 PM
  • Hi,

According to the discription, this issue should be related to Exchange server. Given this situation, I suggest posting it to Exchange server forum as below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradmin/threads

Thank you.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 8:01 AM
  • Hi Tobias, I would suggest posting this one at the exchange forums.

O I see Vivian has already posted the link to there. 

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog)

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:34 PM