none
Locked feature not working in PWA 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• LS

When I set tasks to 'Locked' in the browser and publish, check-in and then chek out again, the "locked" column is set to No again.

How can I fix it?

Texas Tonie

Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Texas Tonie,

Have you done the following?

1. from project center, open the project
    2. go to the schedule page
    3. edit the plan in PWA
    4. choose the appropriate view
    5. Select "no" in the lock column for the tasks you want to prevent users to make updates
    6. save and publish the project
    7. check in the project

Then go to the queue in order to check that everything went well. If this is the case, you shouldn't encounter any issue.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:58 PM
  • Hi Texas Tonie,

I just tested the process I gave you in my post above and it worked perfectly.

Waiting for your feedback.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:31 PM
  • Thanks Guillaume for your comment.

Hmm I Did all that and then entries are re-set to No in the browser - don't quite understand... 

TT

Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:51 PM

1.On the Quick Launch, in the Settings section, click Server Settings.
    2.On the Server Settings page, in the Time and Task Management section, click Close Tasks to Update.
    3.On the Close Tasks to Update page, in the Select a project list, click the project that contains the task that you want to close for updating.
    4.In the Select Tasks section, in the Lock column, select the check box for each task that you want to close to updating.
    Tip:
    If you want to prevent updates to all tasks in a project, click Select All, below the table in the Select Tasks section. You can also click Clear All to remove all current selections in the Lock column.
    5. Do one of the following:
    To publish your project and close the selected tasks to updating, click Publish.
    Note:
    Publishing your project to close tasks to updating will also publish all applied task updates and any other changes that were made to the plan. If you are not ready to publish that information, click Submit instead, to save your task closure settings. When you are ready to publish other changes to your project, the task closure settings are also published.

To save your changes without publishing the project, click Submit. Tasks that you selected to be closed for updating will remain open until you publish the project.

kirtesh

Friday, January 17, 2014 4:04 AM
  • Hi Kirteshtiw,

Actually Texas Tonie is using PWA2013 where the "close to update" feature has be slightly modified versus 2010. This is now a dedicated column to add in the project views.

Hi Texas Tonie,

You should:

• try on another project
    • try on another computer
    • then with another account

and let us now. Have you check you queue?

Hope this helps.

Friday, January 17, 2014 1:28 PM
  • Ok thanks -

turns out that the issue exists for projects that were originally created in PWA 2010.

the Lock feature works Ok for projects created in PWA 2013.

--- TT

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 5:28 PM