none
DPM 2012 R2 - Cannot recover RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm struggling to recover data using DPM at the moment.

When I double click on a VHDX drive to open ILR it just hangs with the egg timer. It usually works fine. It just seems to be one of the VHD disks, the other work.

The issue is worse because if I try and fail to open the VHDX and try and open a different one then they dont open either then.. it seems that as soon as I try and open the dodgy one it messes the server up until a reboot.

There arent any errors in the logs, I've checked the disks and they pass the WD tests and VSSWriters all look ok.

Anyone got any other suggestions? DPM is very flakey for me and I really need to recover some files ASAP.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 11:46 PM

All replies

• PS. When I try and recover it also stops me accessing disk management, it just hangs on a blank screen saying connecting to Virtual Disk Service.

Like I sais, if I go into this after a reboot before I try a ILR it goes in fine... its only when I do something in DPM it messes up.

Friday, November 4, 2016 12:03 AM
  • As a workaround, restore the VHD to another server and attach it to the server via Disk management and manually get the files that you need.
    Friday, November 4, 2016 8:07 AM