Drive [F:] is not detected or it is not supported. PRETTY PLEASE Help me. RRS feed

• Question

• I restored my computer- Now my CD Rom drive or whatever it is called will not open. No Cd or anything is in it either. I did the troubleshoot and it recognized a problem.

I went to troubleshooting- Hardware & Soung- Playing & Burning CDs ect...

Then in that option I chose to be having trouble with "Playing CDs ect..." and went back to do it again choosing "Burning CDs ect..."

Next I chose on the 1st time "Insert a supported disc" &the 2nd time "Skip option"

&After I did these step all I kept getting was

"The disc in drive [F:] is not detected or it is not supported.                  Not Fixed.                   X

So here I am because when I chose "Explore Additional Options" This was the best one I came across. c:

Someone PLEASE help me I dont have a DVD player and I also love making CDs. </3

Saturday, September 4, 2010 8:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Is the issue that the CD-ROM cannot eject or the CD-ROM drive from Windows Explorer cannot be opened?

If the issue is that the CD-ROM cannot eject, please contact the hardware manufacturer directly to check the issue.

Otherwise, if the issue is that the CD-ROM drive cannot be opened from Windows Explorer, please try the following suggestions and see if the issue can be resolved:

Step 1: If you have installed any CD/DVD-burning software, please temporarily remove them from "Control Panel"-> "Programs and Features".

Step 2: Modify the Registry

====================

1. Click the Start Button, type regedit in the "Start Search" text box and then press ENTER.

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} entry, choose "Export", select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

4. Highlight this key ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}), on the right pane, and then check if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

5. Restart the computer

Step 3: Remove the DVD-ROM drive

===========================

1. Click the Start Button, type devmgmt.msc in the “Start Search” box and press Enter.

2. Expand "DVD/CD-ROM drives".

3. Right click the DVD-ROM drive, and click "Uninstall".

Then, please restart the computer. Does the DVD-ROM work properly now?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, September 10, 2010 5:36 AM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 2:54 AM

All replies

• Have you check under device manager and under dvd/cd rom drive, verify is it detected or any exclamation mark?
    Sunday, September 5, 2010 11:46 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Is the issue that the CD-ROM cannot eject or the CD-ROM drive from Windows Explorer cannot be opened?

If the issue is that the CD-ROM cannot eject, please contact the hardware manufacturer directly to check the issue.

Otherwise, if the issue is that the CD-ROM drive cannot be opened from Windows Explorer, please try the following suggestions and see if the issue can be resolved:

Step 1: If you have installed any CD/DVD-burning software, please temporarily remove them from "Control Panel"-> "Programs and Features".

Step 2: Modify the Registry

====================

1. Click the Start Button, type regedit in the "Start Search" text box and then press ENTER.

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} entry, choose "Export", select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

4. Highlight this key ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}), on the right pane, and then check if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

5. Restart the computer

Step 3: Remove the DVD-ROM drive

===========================

1. Click the Start Button, type devmgmt.msc in the “Start Search” box and press Enter.

2. Expand "DVD/CD-ROM drives".

3. Right click the DVD-ROM drive, and click "Uninstall".

Then, please restart the computer. Does the DVD-ROM work properly now?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, September 10, 2010 5:36 AM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 2:54 AM