none
Outside the Domain detail report open in new window does not open RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have score card one of my KPI's is linked to open detail report in new window.Its working fine inside the local domain.but outside the domain also I am able to see the Scorecard but when I click the KPI  the detail report does not open.I have checked the IE options, security settings the Miscellaneous section  have Enabled the 'Access data across domains'
    Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Ravitamil
    • Edited by ravitamil Tuesday, May 5, 2009 3:44 AM
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 3:39 AM

All replies

• What is happening when the external users are clicking on the link to open the window?  Are you seeing an IE error at all?  Do they have access to the SSRS report link or where ever you are sending the users externally?  Would need some more details as to what you are actually seeing to try and troubleshoot this further.  Take a look at the IE settings and review scripting settings and take a look at any type of popup blocker settings or toolbars that might be preventing this.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 10:36 AM
  • Hi Dan,
    " I have installed PPS and Sharepoint in the same server.Portal site also in the same server.When I deploy the dashboard to

the server(http://server name/portals/SD/default.aspx).I can view without any problem.

While opening Dashboard in local domain in Portal site I am getting error as follows

"Un expected error occured"

But when I try to view the same thing outside domain

http://portal.company name.com/portals/SD/Pages/Default.aspx I didnt get any thing except a blank page
     "
    I have rectified the above proble as per your answer by setting the Enable dat source across the domain.
    Now the problem is when i clicked the kpi the detail report (which will open in new window in local domain)

I am getting the following error

"

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

• Click the refresh.gif (82 bytes) Refresh button, or try again later.
    • If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
    • To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    • See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
      1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
      2. On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
      3. Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
    • Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    • If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

"
    Please let me know how to resolve this.
    Thanks,
    Ravitamil
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:30 PM
  • Hi,

Are you using AAM?  PPS Monitoring currently is not supported with AAM and Extranet.   You will only be able to view the Dashboad on the  URL that you deployed too.  Currently we are looking at possible solutions\workarounds for this in the future. 

Thank you,

Aseem Nayar - MSFT
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 9:32 PM