none
Publishing a Project (Problem) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have created many projects on Project Professional (Desktop Application), then I have saved them to Project Online by giving a name when a dialogue box appears after clicking on File -> Save As -> Save button (under Project Web App icon).

Now I can see the Publish option in File -> Info.

Now when I refresh the Projects list on Project Online (Project Web App), I can see that this project appears.

Now when I close the Project Professional desktop file (I click on Check-in while closing when the dialogue box appears asking me if I want to check-in the project), and open it again, I cannot see the Publish button. Why?

I cannot do changes and then save files again to PWA (Project Web App) and publish again every time I have a small update on any of my 50 projects going on. 

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:03 PM

All replies

• Saad --

I cannot imagine under what circumstances this might happen.  If possible, would you please open one of your published projects in Microsoft Project Professional and then click File > Info.  Then take a screenshot of the Info page and include it with your reply.  That way we can see what is going on.  Thanks.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 1:15 PM
  • Hi Mr. Dale,

<g class="gr_ gr_87 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="87" id="87">i</g> am unable to attach a screenshot at the moment. 

Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:46 PM