none
error 217 at 004381EE

Question

• hi ..I install program mascad v.1951 in windows 10 and when I run the program its not workin it say < Runtime error 217 at 004381EE > .. also install old version of mascad but I have the same problem.. I search in the web how I cant make it work but I dont find nothing.. can you tell me how to fix it..thanks
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Runtime Error 217 mainly occurs in Windows when you try to open any application or program. This error occurs due to several reasons like malware or virus infections, due to incomplete installation or uninstallation of any program, due to failure in DLL registration, registry error, boot time collisions between two programs and more.

I suspect it's the mascad compatibility issue, please contact its vender to confirm if it's supported on Windows 10.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by dimitrisouali Thursday, March 30, 2017 6:20 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by dimitrisouali Thursday, March 30, 2017 6:20 PM
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 3:00 AM
  • the mascad its suport windows 10 ..i make format too my desktop an the first program i whas instaling its mascad so i dont thing i have virus problem..its must be something else
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 6:19 PM
  • When you mean MASCAD by Secolink, this seems to be compiled with Delphi (or some old Borland compiler),
    thus"Runtime Error 217" is from the Delphi runtime:
    The meaning of Runtime Error 217

You could try to run the Software in compatibility mode, or with administrator priviliges.
    Then you can contact Secolink: they should improve their error handling.
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:03 PM