What are the limitations of using the browser's back button? RRS feed

• Question

• I've noticed on SSRS 2000, 2005 and 2008 that the browser's back button does not always render the report. It will sometimes hang with the rendering icon spinning essentially forever. Is there a limitation that can be tuned which would allow my users to return to the previous report or 'view' they were looking at using the back button?

Thanks
    Thursday, December 27, 2007 12:55 AM

All replies

•  

Greg,

I'm having the same problem, did you ever get any kind of answer to this question? Anyone else at MS have any thoughts? The back button makes one of my reports (and only one!) hang with the rendering icon spinning forever. If you click View Report again everything works fine.

Thanks,

Paul

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 8:48 PM
  • I have continued to have this problem. For what it's worth, this is on content I created in the first release of SSRS from about June 2003. Not sure if there are lingering tags in the content that are deprecated, or something interesting like that. In my recent content I have not experienced this problem (with the ReportViewer control in a .aspx page).

The back button issue has not re-emerged for me in the Feb 2008 CTP. I have observed the users are very into using the back button, because they cannot figure out how to get around the content and want it to behave like a normal Website, not a body of report content. Only my bank doesn't support postbacks (ok maybe a bunch of other sites too).
    Friday, June 6, 2008 4:08 AM