locked
UAG Trunk with multiple customupdate login.asp files for the same site? RRS feed

  • Question

  • Basically what I am trying to do is put links on the login page for language selection

    When I select a different language it will simply pull up a different login page from the “customupdate” folder on the UAG. The short description is when I hit our test site zzz.zzz.com, on the backed by default it renders a file called peoplesoftqa_Login.asp from the "customupdate" folder. Now when I land on that page at let’s just say I select “Francais du Canada” as my preferred language it will render a file called peoplesoftqa_Login_CA.asp. 

    Currently while testing I am getting a 500 error when trying to pull up an alternate login page…this I need some assistance with because I have already built all of the trunk url rules to allow for the other custom files and I am still getting a 500 error. If I can get this functionality working I can develop all of the translations manually using the current code we have been using (in house login page not out of the box login.asp so no drop down language selection). My thought is the 500 error is caused because when I select the hyperlink for the alternate language am leaving the current session but I am not certain. 

    So...any idea how to select an different custom login page via a hyperlink? 



    Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:14 PM

All replies

  • Hi Amig@. Language selection is a built-in feature in UAG. No need to develop custom login pages. In you need to include new labguages just use CustomUpdate for inserting text strings for that language as explained in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee861157.aspx

    Regards


    // Raúl - I love this game


    • Edited by RMoros Friday, December 14, 2012 3:09 PM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 3:07 PM
  • A little more background on the issue...2 years ago a developer here that is now no longer with the company created a custom branded uag login page and stripped the language selection out of the code. So I am trying to be creative here and avoid reinventing the wheel so to speak. 

    I actually had MSFT on site this week and we went back to the out of the box login.asp page and I added the terms of use and other verbiage on the the page that we need and when we select an alternate language from the drop down box it only translates UAG verbiage not anything you add on the page. I have found that the MSFT verbiage is pulled from strings in the language files...so if I wanted to add some verbiage and have it translate i would have to develop custom language files and add around 500+ string lines.

    So with that being said I am attempting to take the easy way out and create several static *logon.asp files and just call them via a hyperlink. But I am getting the nasty 500 error when I select a different language to call an alternate logon.asp file in the customupdate folder. I am sure that this can be accomplished, just a beast working through this particular issue. 

    Friday, December 14, 2012 4:28 PM