Microsoft Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 does not work with Dell Bluetooth RRS feed

• Question

• Hello -

I have a Dell Latitude E6500 laptop (Broadcomm BT)
    Microsoft Notebook Presenter 8000 mouse.   
    Windows XP SP3
    Downloaded and installed Intellipoint 7.0

If I  use the mouse with the inbuilt bluetooth both main buttons + wheel work correctly.  But the 2 side buttons insist on retaining their default settings of Back and Magnify functionality.   I normally map side buttons to be Page Up and Page Down.  Intellipoint lets me do this but the buttons continue to behave as though they are still set to default.

If I plug the USB Bluetooth FOB that comes with the mouse into the laptop then the side buttons behave however they are configured in Intellipoint.  However,  doing this defeats the purpose of having inbuilt bluetooth and one has to remember to carry the FOB + disconnect it before putting laptop into bag.

I also noticed that without the FOB the mouse registers itself as a "HID-compliant device" (in Device Manager) but with the FOB it registers itself as "Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 (Intellipoint))".    This seems to be part of the problem.

Is there any way to force the mouse to register itself differently without the FOB i.e. with inbuilt bluetooth ?
    Is there any way to get the Microsoft bluetooth mouse to work - all 5 buttons - without having to use the external FOB ?

Thanks
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 4:39 PM

All replies

• I have the same issue but with different configuration:

Dell XPS M1530
    Microsoft Notebook Presenter 8000 mouse
    Windows 7 32bits
    Microsoft Intellipoint 7.0

Any help?

thanks!
    Friday, November 13, 2009 3:46 PM