CAB Files Not being Processed RRS feed

• Question

• We created a DCP for ACT 5.6 , and then pushed it to the machines through SCCM.

We see that a lot of files have accumulated in the ACT Log Files foler and are not getting processed.

The Log Processing Service is SStarted and running fine.

i tried to restart the service , however logs are still not getting processed, they are not being moved to failed Folder either , they just sit in the ActLogsFiles Folder.

When I restart the service i get 2 events :

1017 -- [listener.exe] The specified path is invalid.
    1017 --  [listener.exe] verification for directory \\Servername\ fails

Sunday, April 22, 2012 5:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Verfiy whether the server site folder path is correct.
    2. Try to use another folder to test the issue.
    3. Use the IP address instead of the UNC path

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Kitaab Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:43 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 9:26 AM

All replies

• Any Update.
    Monday, April 23, 2012 4:24 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Verfiy whether the server site folder path is correct.
    2. Try to use another folder to test the issue.
    3. Use the IP address instead of the UNC path

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

• Marked as answer by Kitaab Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:43 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 9:26 AM
  • I installed ACT on another Server and created a new Logs folder and a new DCP ,  it seems to be processing the files .

However i see files in both processed and Uncompressed folders.. Do we expect to see files in uncompressed folder or should the files only be in the Processed folder/

Monday, April 23, 2012 9:39 AM
  • Hi,

The DCP sends the compressed log files (.cab files) to the root folder of the ACT Log Processing share. From the ACT Log Processing share, the ACT Log Processing Service will decompress the log files and store them in the Uncompressed folder of the ACT Log Processing share. After successfully processing the data from the uncompressed log file, the file is moved to the Processed folder, also located in the ACT Log Processing share. In the event of a log file failure, the file is stored in the Failed folder of the ACT Log Processing share, and an event is entered into the application event log, including the failure details.

Once the logs have got to the processed folder this typically means the data from the logs has been captured into the DB. ACT log processing service does not delete the files once processed. You will need to can archive them/delete them manually. If the you have a good DB backup policy in place then you would not need the logs, but for some reason, let’s say you need to re-build the DB from scratch then you have the ability to re-build from the logs.

In addition, the following guide is helpful about ACT

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766242(v=ws.10).aspx

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:45 AM