locked
Review Activity notification RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    No doubt I'm being thick and I'll once again demonstrate it to the whole community :(

    I'm trying to create a notification to advise users submitting change requests that their change has been reviewed and also what the outcome was. The problems I'm having at the moment are as follows

    I cant include the original CR ID number in the RA "completed" notification- my user community doesnt get the idea of a change request with one number, a review activity with another and a series of manual activites with yet more ID's and really, trying to educate them in this way just isnt worth the pain.

    Similarly, I'd like to include the title of their change request submission in the notification and also the description they provided in their original request.

    I've tried creating a "change request" notification template and a "review activity" template- doing it the CR way is fine for gettng the ID, title, etc. but then I cant include the reviewers description which kind of defeats the object!

    Thanks for any help you can offer

    Steve

     

    Friday, January 28, 2011 2:29 PM

Answers

All replies

  • I'm also searching for a way to do this. Did you figure anything out?
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 7:57 PM
  • Unfortunately not- I've been out of the office for a couple of days but I'm going to see if I can work something out this afternoon.

    Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:28 AM
  • At the moment I'm looking for the easiest solution, then i stumbled over this post. I'll give the best I got so far since there is no solution offered to you yet:

    http://www.scsm.se/?p=948

    I think it work if you follow Anders Asps instructions, just that I was hoping for something better now that SP1 is released.

    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:59 AM
  • I agree this is pretty lame. It's the same issue with other work items too.

    The solution as suggested above is to "reverse" the target and source in the relationship by doing a seedrole='target'. This post explains it well:

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/04/03/using-data-properties-from-the-parent-work-items-in-activity-email-templates.aspx

    I can help you create some of the properties if you want. It is possible to go far in relations. Like RA -> CR -> AssignedUser-Displayname or RA -> CR -> AboutConfigItem etc.

    edit:

    just realized this was a pretty old post. Need to get used to the new forum^^. Maybe useful still :)

    • Edited by Morten Meisler Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:21 PM I have my reasons
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Cooper Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:08 PM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:19 PM
  • Hi Morten,

    That was the way I went in the end (the "seedrole" thing I mean) - an elegant solution it isnt, but I guess you have to take the bad with the good :)

    Cheers

    Steve

    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:08 PM
  • I was hoping for something better now that SP1 is released.


    You just described my entire experience of the SCSM knowledge management function! Every update/service pack since 2010 beta 2 I hoped it would get better... :)
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:12 PM