After STSADM restore to new farm getting DirectoryNotFoundException RRS feed

• Question

• I did a restoration of the complete site collection using the stsadm restore into a new farm. The site as it is work good but I have one wiered issue that whenever I visit the root site I get the following error.

Root Site Error

If I visit the sub sites directly this is what I see in the top navigation

Error In Navigation

Here is what I have found in troubleshooting it

• If I do a app pool recycle or IISReset the issue is gone and site works perfect
    • The error comes back after few minutes of site usage

The different steps that I took after looking at few other places are

• Deactivate and reactivate the SharePoint Publishing Infrastructure
    • Change the master page
    • Reset the blob cache, output cache and object cache (I doubt this was the fix, cause cache is not enabled)
    • Clear the sharepoint configuration cache as per this site

Please let me know your thoughts on how I can fix this and following in the farm details Server - Windows 2003 x86 SharePoint - MOSS 2007 with build number 12.0.0.6656

Thanks

Deepak

Text from the error

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003)

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003)]
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.OpenWeb(String bstrUrl, String& pbstrServerRelativeUrl, String& pbstrTitle, String& pbstrDescription, Guid& pguidID, String& pbstrRequestAccessEmail, UInt32& pwebVersion, Guid& pguidScopeId, UInt32& pnAuthorID, UInt32& pnLanguage, UInt32& pnLocale, UInt16& pnTimeZone, Boolean& bTime24, Int16& pnCollation, UInt32& pnCollationLCID, Int16& pnCalendarType, Int16& pnAdjustHijriDays, Int16& pnAltCalendarType, Boolean& pbShowWeeks, Int16& pnFirstWeekOfYear, UInt32& pnFirstDayOfWeek, Int16& pnWorkDays, Int16& pnWorkDayStartHour, Int16& pnWorkDayEndHour, Int16& pnMeetingCount, Int32& plFlags, Boolean& bConnectedToPortal, String& pbstrPortalUrl, String& pbstrPortalName, Int32& plWebTemplateId, Int16& pnProvisionConfig, String& pbstrDefaultTheme, String& pbstrDefaultThemeCSSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateCSSUrl, String& pbstrCustomizedCssFileList, String& pbstrCustomJSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateHeaderUrl, String& pbstrMasterUrl, String& pbstrCustomMasterUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoDescription, Object& pvarUser, Boolean& pvarIsAuditor, UInt64& ppermMask, Boolean& bUserIsSiteAdmin, Boolean& bHasUniquePerm, Guid& pguidUserInfoListID, Guid& pguidUniqueNavParent, Int32& plSiteFlags, DateTime& pdtLastContentChange, DateTime& pdtLastSecurityChange, String& pbstrWelcomePage) +0
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.OpenWeb(String bstrUrl, String& pbstrServerRelativeUrl, String& pbstrTitle, String& pbstrDescription, Guid& pguidID, String& pbstrRequestAccessEmail, UInt32& pwebVersion, Guid& pguidScopeId, UInt32& pnAuthorID, UInt32& pnLanguage, UInt32& pnLocale, UInt16& pnTimeZone, Boolean& bTime24, Int16& pnCollation, UInt32& pnCollationLCID, Int16& pnCalendarType, Int16& pnAdjustHijriDays, Int16& pnAltCalendarType, Boolean& pbShowWeeks, Int16& pnFirstWeekOfYear, UInt32& pnFirstDayOfWeek, Int16& pnWorkDays, Int16& pnWorkDayStartHour, Int16& pnWorkDayEndHour, Int16& pnMeetingCount, Int32& plFlags, Boolean& bConnectedToPortal, String& pbstrPortalUrl, String& pbstrPortalName, Int32& plWebTemplateId, Int16& pnProvisionConfig, String& pbstrDefaultTheme, String& pbstrDefaultThemeCSSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateCSSUrl, String& pbstrCustomizedCssFileList, String& pbstrCustomJSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateHeaderUrl, String& pbstrMasterUrl, String& pbstrCustomMasterUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoDescription, Object& pvarUser, Boolean& pvarIsAuditor, UInt64& ppermMask, Boolean& bUserIsSiteAdmin, Boolean& bHasUniquePerm, Guid& pguidUserInfoListID, Guid& pguidUniqueNavParent, Int32& plSiteFlags, DateTime& pdtLastContentChange, DateTime& pdtLastSecurityChange, String& pbstrWelcomePage) +948
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.InitWeb() +2957
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.get_Title() +68
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.OpenWeb(Guid gWebId, Int32 mondoHint) +479
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.OpenWeb(Guid gWebId) +76
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CachedArea.GetIdentityWeb(Guid webId, SPSite elevatedSite, Boolean isSuperUser) +284
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CachedListItem.GetWorkflowInfo() +303
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CachedListItem.EnsureWorkflowInfoLoaded() +59
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CachedListItem.get_DefaultApprovalWorkflowId() +46
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WorkflowUtilities.GetCurrentUserApprovalTask(CachedListItem listItem) +923
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WorkflowUtilities.IsApprovalWorkflowTaskActiveForUser(CachedListItem listItem) +41
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ConsoleNode.CurrentState(Page currentPage, Boolean cacheResult) +1696
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ConsoleNode.CurrentState(Page currentPage) +43
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ConsoleDataSource.PopulateDataSource() +146
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.XmlConsoleDataSource.PopulateDataSource() +41
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ConsoleDataSource.GetHierarchicalView(String viewPath) +102
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.PublishingSiteActionsMenuCustomizer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +201
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +108
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +224
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3394

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5485; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5491 

Thursday, October 29, 2015 9:45 PM

All replies

• Does /sites/archives/it exist in the new farm?
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:19 PM