IPv6 Wildcard Reverse lookup Zone RRS feed

• Question

• Question: I would like to setup a reverse IPv6 Zone that will respond to all ipv6 requests with a default reply for example ipv6.abc.com. It needs only to be reverse only and should capture all ipv6 addresses. I would be interested if this is possible for a specific range only or for all incoming reverse IPv6 lookups. Of course I have googled this (Doh!) and it seems it is possible to create a PTR record with an * in it with Linux (Sorry) however I am unable to achieve the same with the Windows Server.

All help greatly appreciated!

Monday, October 3, 2016 10:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For example,you have a IPv6 range '2001:db8:f00::/48':

1.Create a IPv6 reverse zone:

2.Create a CNAME for wildcard:

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 4:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For example,you have a IPv6 range '2001:db8:f00::/48':

1.Create a IPv6 reverse zone:

2.Create a CNAME for wildcard:

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 4:31 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see if the problem has been resolved. If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
    Cartman

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 6:24 AM