How to restrict outlook 2016 can send only to contacts? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm using Microsoft Office 2016 Pro.

Setting up this privilege by Admin of the PC
    Restricting local users on the PC

Q1: Is there any gpo admx or registry to restrict the Microsoft Office Outlook 2016 can only send email to email on contacts only? and when sending to unknown email address will block or pop-up admin restriction request for access anything like that?

Q2: also if the Q1 possible is there also a way to block/restrict add email to contacts by using gpo admx or registry? It mean I will add all my allowed email to contacts first before I block/restrict the add email to contacts?

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to my research, I'm afraid that there is no such a built-in option in Outlook or GPO policy to realize this.

For Exchange account, we can use transport rules to restrict users from sending email to external recipients. If this is useful to you, you could consult support engineers in the Exchange Forum. Because here we mainly focus on Outlook client, I'm not familiar with server.

If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, October 4, 2018 6:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by ChanWei21 Saturday, October 6, 2018 7:44 AM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to my research, I'm afraid that there is no such a built-in option in Outlook or GPO policy to realize this.

For Exchange account, we can use transport rules to restrict users from sending email to external recipients. If this is useful to you, you could consult support engineers in the Exchange Forum. Because here we mainly focus on Outlook client, I'm not familiar with server.

If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, October 4, 2018 6:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by ChanWei21 Saturday, October 6, 2018 7:44 AM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:30 AM
  • Hi ChanWei21,

Just check if the reply above is helpful to you.

If yes, would you mind helping mark it as answer so that it will benefit other forum members a lot? If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, October 4, 2018 6:02 AM