none
Remove lock on locked group RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am tasked with maintaining a infopath form developed by other developer.

    My problem is that i can't remove the lock on the group to add a new field.
    I have updated the XML schema definition (xsd) file that is used as the Main data source.

    looked into the Infopath help and office infopath documentation but couldn't find any help on removing the lock.

    Thanks
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:27 AM

Answers

  • Hi Sumeeth,

    I suppose those fields are Web Service bounded fields, dragged on the form from Data Source tree when developed, which you can't modify. If this is the case then you need to modify web service to include new column then just delete datasource and add it again to get new column.






    Ashraf ul Islam
    Sharepoint Consultant
    • Marked as answer by Sumeeth Ambati Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:23 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:36 AM
  • I figured out that i wasn't following the proper procedure for changing the main data source.

    this is what I have done to fix the problem:

    Tools > Convert Main Data Source > selected updated xsd file > click Next > Finish; this updated the data fields but the locks were still intact.

    I guess its the standard design feature built into the infopath form which can't be removed.




    • Marked as answer by Sumeeth Ambati Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:35 AM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 4:37 AM

All replies

  • Hi Sumeeth,

    I suppose those fields are Web Service bounded fields, dragged on the form from Data Source tree when developed, which you can't modify. If this is the case then you need to modify web service to include new column then just delete datasource and add it again to get new column.






    Ashraf ul Islam
    Sharepoint Consultant
    • Marked as answer by Sumeeth Ambati Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:23 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:36 AM
  • I figured out that i wasn't following the proper procedure for changing the main data source.

    this is what I have done to fix the problem:

    Tools > Convert Main Data Source > selected updated xsd file > click Next > Finish; this updated the data fields but the locks were still intact.

    I guess its the standard design feature built into the infopath form which can't be removed.




    • Marked as answer by Sumeeth Ambati Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:35 AM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 4:37 AM