Is it possible Audiodg.exe can be exploited by trojans,viruses, botnet? RRS feed

• Question

• I have observed Audiodg.exe banging on my CPU on startup. The funny thing is I have system sounds muted. WMPNETWK get a little resource hogging as well. There are times I have to end process to gain control of the systems resources. After I do that usage drops back to zero. I have windows 7 X64 TL-60 AMD 4 GIGS Ram.  I run CA anti virus which adds 10 start up process' (I know ridiculous) the other 36 process' that start are Windows Process. I puposely set everything non-essential to manual in order to have resources available for what I want. The anti virus reports nothing unusual, but my spidey sense feels the system is off! I can't install second opinion scanner because CA doesn't play nice with other scanners. As I pondered this I thought maybe someone wrote an exploit. I mean Audiodg.exe  is a MS process so the firewall will let it do what ever it wants and it loads on boot. Could this happen?
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 10:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest prepare clean boot to find the root cause. To place the computer in a clean boot state, follow the steps below:

1.     Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2.     On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

3.     Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

4.     Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

5.     Click OK.

6.     When you are prompted, click Restart.

7.     After the computer starts, start the installation and check whether the problem is resolved. If so, one or more of the startup items are to blame.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 7, 2011 12:43 PM