Edit project manager field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I add project manager field to Project details page but I can't edit it

where can I edit this field?

thanks in advanced

Sunday, September 27, 2015 2:43 PM

Answers

• Indeed this is a known bug in MS Project Pro 2013: the advanced properties dialog box does not open. You could open a support ticket since I don't have any visibility on the resolution.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

• Marked as answer by Mary.k1363 Wednesday, October 14, 2015 4:32 PM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2015 11:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

there is a default field Project Owner, displayed by default on PDP Project Details. To change the owner, you need to edit the project.

When project ist open for editing, you can select the new owner by clicking on Browse.

It works similar for other project fields, if you are asking for an Enterprise Custom Field.

Does it work?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Sunday, September 27, 2015 3:14 PM
  • Dear Barbara

Thanks for your answer, actually as you know too, Project Manager is a different field from Owner and I need to change it too.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:47 AM
  • Hi,

I think it is a default field in all Office document, in the advanced properties dialog box available in MS Project Pro, file menu then info. It has to be updated in MS Project Pro. If it doesn't suit your need, you could create a project custom field.

See this similar post:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/6f1b9c2f-da11-46c2-a87b-05b1baf04ca9/use-of-manager-custom-field?forum=project2010custprog

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:56 AM
  • Dear Guillaume,

You're right, but when I saved and published my project on PWA,  the advanced properties dialog box didn't open in MS Project Pro and so I can't change the manager field from there :(  (absolutely I opened my project n edit mode from PWA)

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 11:02 AM
  • Indeed this is a known bug in MS Project Pro 2013: the advanced properties dialog box does not open. You could open a support ticket since I don't have any visibility on the resolution.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Mary.k1363 Wednesday, October 14, 2015 4:32 PM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2015 11:34 AM
  • Hi,

just coming back: What is the reason for usage of Project Manager field? It is mainly designed for client usage and it will not add any value to Project Server (like permissions). If you just need an additional responsibilty information for projects, you can either open a support ticket at Microsoft, as Guillaume suggested, or just create an additional Enterprise Custom field. You will be able to edit them in client (Project - Project Information) and on PDP.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support! !!!!!!!! Join the Project Virtual Conference 2015 from Oct 22-23, 2015 with a lot of support from the Microsoft Project Community - http://projectvirtualconference.com/ !!!!!!!!

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 11:46 AM