Dashboard filter for PivotChart RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know of to create a filter for a Pivot Chart. Basically,  would select the category (i.e. servername) and it would show the appropiate stats for this server with the Pivot Chart. I get this working fine with the analytic charts but I would like to use a Pie Chart and other charts availabe in the Pivot chart.

Main problem is I can figure out the Edit Filter Link properties. Not sure if I use Page, Row, Colum, or Filter. And if so, how do I set the Pivot Chart so that the Servername maps to the Filter I create.

Boy, I wish this was documented.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Mel

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The pivot charts in PPS are usd for adhoc analysis. The only workaround i found was to use the pie charts created in proClarity. Import the proclarity views in PPS dashboard and then create the dashboar flters.

HTH,
    Ram
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:55 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.
    However, my concern as well is that I currently don't have access to Proclarity. If this some that is available to current users of Performance Point? I understand there is a evaulation download but I have not heard or seen anything that would allow users of Performance Point that did not have an original license for Proclarity have the ability to aquire the Proclarity software.

Mel

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:46 PM
  • Proclarity is bundled and licensed with Performancepoint.  If you currently own Performancepoint, you also own Proclarity.  Proclarity is a large piece of most Performancepoint solutions as there are a LOT of things (functionality-wise) you can NOT currently do in the analytic charts and grids, that you CAN do in Proclarity.

Thanks,
    Greg Hyzak
    Friday, October 16, 2009 2:13 PM