none
Replica is inconsistent RRS feed

• Question

• All greetings! Prompt, why after I have created protection group and have included there one server to archive BMR and System State, I do not have archives? To me it is constant DPM writes that Replica is inconsistent and even start Consistency Check does not help.
    Monday, August 9, 2010 2:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check the protected server (PS) and make sure the Windows backup feature is installed and if already installed look for any event messages on the PS for Windows backup that may detail the cause of the failure.  To test BMR backup outside of DPM, try this command:

1) Set up a network share on a remote machine \\server\bmrshare

2) From an administrative command prompt on the PS, type:

wbadmin.exe start backup -allcritical -quiet -backuptarget:\\server\bmrshare

3) troubleshoot any Windows backup problems that occur, once this works, DPM should be able to take BMR backups.

4) Check the disk space required for the BMR by looking at the \\server\bmrshare and make sure the PG on the DPM server has enought disk space allocated for the replica volume to hold the BMR backup.

NOTE: BMR backup does NOT require any disk space on the PS, DPM writes directly to the DPM Servers replica volume. However, if you only selct SystemState (not bmr option) - then DPM will require ~15GB free space on the PS.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, August 9, 2010 2:46 PM