New Attribute RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

Can some please please assist me with the following, thanks

I read Kevin Homans blog on how to populate a group based on a registry key

I created a new attribute scoped to "Windows Computer" Class, SCOM created a new class and automatically call it "Windows Computer _Extended" I set the attribute type Registry. I set to a particular key under HKLM\Software\Microsoft

I have tried using both the Value and Key types for the registry query. I am trying to use this in a dynamic group to populate the group based on the registry key.

I set the discover time to 300 seconds

I saved this to the same MP that I also created the Group in.

I can see the new attribute running as a discovery on the target computer i.e. using Workflow Analyzer from the authoring resource kit, i.e. it is showing as Green and Running

The registry key in question and its value exists (I have tried several options)

However my group member ship never includes the relevant computers. I stopped the agent on the target, deleted the folders under health service state then restarted etc. Still no luck.

From the Monitoring View when I look at Windows Computer State View, go to personalize view I see various columns to add to the view but I do not see "Windows Computer_Extended" should i.e.?

I tried to create a new view and scoped it to class Windows Computer_Extended. However I cannot create the view as it tried to store the new view in the default MP and my class is saved into a different unsealed MP. I know I can seal my new MP to get over this but why can I not chose a MP to save my new view in and thereby chose the same unsealed MP I used to store the new class?

Any advise most welcome

Thanks
    Ernie

Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:50 AM

Answers

• Hi

When you created the management pack there was a folder created under Monitoring in the monitoring view. Create your event \ alert \ state views in that folder.

Cheers

Graham

View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/
    • Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:57 PM
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 10:04 PM

All replies

• Hi

When you created the management pack there was a folder created under Monitoring in the monitoring view. Create your event \ alert \ state views in that folder.

Cheers

Graham

View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/
    • Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:57 PM
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 10:04 PM
  • OK, thanks again for your helo Graham, I apprecaite it
    Ernie

Sunday, March 13, 2011 12:07 PM