Add server to the existing farm MOSS 2007 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to add a new server to my Existing sharepoint farm using sharepoint configuration wizard.

The wizard starts and get stuck at step 2, which says Connecting to the configuration database. and after that it keeps on rolling there only.

I checked sharepoing logs which says :

File system cache monitor encoutered error, flushing in memory cache, i cleared the cache manually as wel but still with no success.

Under PSConfig error logs it says :

Not running in high contrast, so we will paint the background with our trademarked image. I dint found what this means and whether its an issue.

Kindly let me know if anything else i can check. I have to add this server ASAP and assign it with indexing role.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Jasjeet Singh

Saturday, February 25, 2012 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think there is any issue with connecting your database.

From this server try doing a telnet on DB instance on port 1113 and check if you are able to do or not.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:12 PM
  • Also, when adding your server to the farm, try logging in and running the wizard as the Farm Account. Whichever account is being used as the Central Administration AppPool account.

Imagine what we could be...if we could just imagine. | Daniel A. Galant | Sr. SharePoint Solutions Architect EPC Group.net

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:55 AM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for your replies, yes i am using correct farm account. Also when i click run sharepoint configuration wizard it ask me for the database server details.

After adding the details it automatically pick up the correct configuration database. So this means connectivity to the database server is there.

but then on the second step it stucks. anything else i can check on this?

Regards,

Jasjeet Singh

Monday, February 27, 2012 9:18 AM
  • Hi,

Install Fiddler so that you can find whats going on at the network level.

Run it at the time when you will execute the wizard so that it will capture the trace.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:22 AM