none
Server 2012 R2 not replying with Option 82 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a large wireless environment and my switches want to insert DHCP option 82 into requests that are relayed to the server. On relayed "Discover" and "Request" packets, the server echos back the option information (Circuit ID). However when the server needs to issue a NAK, (such as when a wireless client associates to an AP on a different subnet, and tries to renew with the old address), it does not echo back the option 82 information inserted by the switch. Because of this, the switch drops the NAK reply and the client does not discard the old address. The DHCP Request is repeated until it times out.

Juniper Networks has a Problem Report for this behaviour and I have seen it in Wireshark. Is there any way to work around this server side? The PR is for server 2012 but also happening in 2012 R2

https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR1146595
    Friday, December 15, 2017 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    Based on the complexity and the specific situation, we need do more researches. If we have any updates or any thoughts about this issue, we will keep you posted as soon as possible. Your kind understanding is appreciated. If you have further information during this period, you could post it on the forum, which help us understand and analyze this issue comprehensively.
    Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and patience.
    Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 18, 2017 5:58 AM