windows 7 with windows xp mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have one question currently I use only windows xp but will want to upgrade to windows 7 because of the xp mode. If I were to have windows 7 64bit ultimate edition, is it possible to run 32bit xp applications??
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 7:50 PM

Answers

• I suggest you DL the 64 bit RC as it is the Ulimate edition btw I believe the professional version also has XP mode just not the Home professionla or Home basic. Any how I have Dl'd the Win 7 RC 64 bit and have found some problems with some applications mostly newer ones that would and certainly work on XP and I have tried the run in XP srvc pk 3 option and run as admin but still no joy. The Apps I have tried were CS4 I heard CS3 has problems too, Aion (a video game) and a few other apps but I have found work arounds to them.
    Any how DL the RC asap. its free put it on a different HDD so you can easily swith from you current XP rig and to the Win 7RC rig and find out for yourself what works and what dont as this will only help MS make a stronger release come October. The OS is Solid and much faster than Vista or XP the install is really fast too, make sure you do a clean install, just has some compliancy issues which will get worked out. 
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:37 AM
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 8:18 PM