none
Custom Field with "Monday of this week": how? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am looking to create a custom field that tells me the date of Monday of "this week"... 

as you can guess this will be dynamic... changing every Monday :)

any suggestion?

Many thnaks

Regards

Ivan

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 4:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

when you create this field, check "Roll down unless manually specified". With this setting, value is rolled doen to assignemnet level and therefore displayed für tasks in resource usage view.

Does that work?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by Ivan Pironi Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:31 AM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

the formula is DateAdd("d",-Weekday(Date()-2,1),Date()). Keep in mind, that this field will only by updated when project is edited, since there is no "offline" calculation.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

the formula is DateAdd("d",-Weekday(Date()-2,1),Date()). Keep in mind, that this field will only by updated when project is edited, since there is no "offline" calculation.

Regards
    Barbara

Thanks for your suggestion! it actually worked... 

but now I have an additional problem on what I am trying to achieve...

I want to create a Custom view (similar to "Resource Usage") showing Overdue Tasks (finish less than Monday and % less than 100%) in order to have resources reporting to me in a simple task list....

as you can see in the picture below, the custom date field is not calculated for task lines (it is for Resources)... I have tried to create a similar Date custom field for Tasks but as expected I cannot "see it" in the Resource usage view... therefore the filter does not work.... 

how would you suggest to proceed in order to get a simple view (by Resource Usage) for the overdue tasks? (please note that this will work if I use the buill-in date range filter, but i do not want to "manually insert every time a set of dates...

any suggestions?

Thanks!

Regards

Ivan

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:50 AM
  • Hi,

when you create this field, check "Roll down unless manually specified". With this setting, value is rolled doen to assignemnet level and therefore displayed für tasks in resource usage view.

Does that work?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by Ivan Pironi Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:31 AM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 7:09 AM
  • GREAT!!!!

Thank you!

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:31 AM