Suppress Windows 10 1803 "Choose your Privacy Settings" after setup.exe based upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to suppress the "Choose your Privacy Settings" after a setup.exe based upgrade? would "/ShowOOBE None" be the way to do that? 
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 2:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In answer file, you can add below:

<ProtectYourPC>3</ProtectYourPC> 

ProtectYourPC = 3 means that turn off the Express, which can help skip the "Choose your privacy settings" screen.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/customize/desktop/unattend/microsoft-windows-shell-setup-oobe-protectyourpc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/4b1b76a8-06cc-4d9a-8a94-83b81b7dada4/method-of-skipping-the-securityprivacy-settings-during-first-setup?forum=win10itprosetup

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 9:22 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. From what I understand Setup.exe /Auto Upgrade /Quiet should suppress OOBE. isn't this screen part of OOBE and therefor shouldn't be showing in the first place?
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:49 PM
  • From the blog, if you use /showoobe none switch, then it will skip the OOBE part and components are set to their default settings.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/home_is_where_i_lay_my_head/2015/09/14/windows-10-setup-command-line-switches/

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 14, 2018 1:19 AM
  • If my suggestions did any help, it is appreciated that you can mark it as an answer.

Monday, May 14, 2018 9:00 AM
  • I am seeing the same behavior after an in-place upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using ConfigMgr. After the upgrade the user is prompted with the Privacy Settings OOBE page. I know this is not the expected behavior and I just chalked this one up to a bug in 1803 but if anyone comes up with a solid workaround I would love to hear it.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, July 23, 2018 12:00 PM
  • I am also having this issue in Configuration Manager 1802. I can upgrade a machine from Windows 7 to Windows 10 v1709 just fine but if I change our media to 1803 and do an upgrade from Windows 7 I get the OOBE settings on first login of a domain user. I can see there is a UAC prompt behind the OOBE screen if I do an alt-tab but I cannot select it to hit yes. I would like this work just like 1709 so our techs/users don't have this extra confusion added to the upgrade. I found a post on reddit about adding the following registry keys during the upgrade:

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OOBE" /v "PrivacyConsentStatus" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OOBE" /v "SkipMachineOOBE" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OOBE" /v "ProtectYourPC" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OOBE" /v "SkipUserOOBE" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

but I would rather it just work the way it used to.

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 5:10 PM
  • Nice find. I'm going to test adding these right after the upgrade in the task sequence and see how it goes. I'll let you know what happens.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:21 PM
  • It's works for me.

I'm was adding this registry keys during the task sequence, and Wizard for privacy setting not appear.

Thanks

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 2:19 PM
  • I had my customer add the one command to the task sequence in the Post-Upgrade steps and so far we haven't seen the issue again.

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OOBE" /v "PrivacyConsentStatus" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Thursday, August 9, 2018 12:23 PM