none
Delivery is delayed error message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I try to email a certain address I got the following delivery is delayed error message;

Delivery is delayed to these recipients or groups:

xxxxx@aol.com (xxxxx@aol.com)

Subject: Life assurance

This message hasn't been delivered yet. Delivery will continue to be attempted.

The server will keep trying to deliver this message for the next 1 days, 19 hours and 52 minutes. You'll be notified if the message can't be delivered by that time.

This is an intermittent issue, the person who I'm sending the email to has no problem sending to me and I receive them fine, its just me sending them but like I say it is an intermittent issue.

Does anyone have any ideas why I could be receiving this message? If it helps I am using a SBS server 2011, Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:01 PM

Answers

• The message is probably still sitting waiting for delivery.  The reason is unknown until you figure out where the message is sitting and then enable logging/tracing. 

If the message is still on your server (Transport Queues):

• Review the message properties while it is sitting in the queue to determine if there is a reason listed. 
    • Check for events - turn up diagnostic logging if needed
    • Review transport and protocol logs to check the communication
    • Confirm that you can resolve the remote domains MX and A records without delay (NSLOOKUP)
    • Confirm that the remote server is responding on port 25 (telnet) and will accept delivery of a message

If the message is not on your server, locate it.  Are you forwarding to a smarthost, is your ISP capturing messages, is it sitting on the remote server, etc?

Good Luck

D

• Marked as answer by Zi Feng Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:59 AM
    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:22 PM