Setting up Gmail in outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• At one time I did have a Gmail account set up in outlook 2013, but it stopped working about a year ago and I haven't gotten it to work despite setting everything up according to both MS Outlook and Gmail.  I suspect this is a casualty of the MS vs. Google wars.  Can anyone verify, or am I missing something?
    • Moved by Steve Fan Tuesday, October 30, 2018 7:43 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Tuesday, October 30, 2018 1:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you set up your Gmail account in Outlook 2013? Via IMAP or POP3? You will need first Enable your Gmail account for IMAP/POP.

Could you define "stopped working" in your description? Is there any error message when trying adding the account in Outlook?

Besides, you may have a look at the following Microsoft KB article and make sure you have followed the correct steps to configure you Gmail account in Outlook:

How to set up an Internet email account in Outlook 2013 or 2016

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, November 2, 2018 1:54 AM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2018 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

How is everything going?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 2, 2018 2:10 AM