Reactivate Resolved Incident Request When User Responds through Portal or Email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to Reactivate an Incident Request that is in resolved state when a user updates the request via email or portal.

Thanks

B

Friday, September 6, 2013 7:32 PM

All replies

• There's nothing ready off the shelf that Service Manager does what you want (Neither the Exchange Connector).

But it definitely can be done by creating a custom Workflow (using Authoring tools) that monitors the User Comment and triggered (e.g. when the comment contains [reactivate] and Incident Status = Resolved) then status will be changed to "In Progress, however this requires some PS scripting. the following link will give some hints. http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2011/05/03/cancelling-pending-activities-when-a-change-request-fails.aspx

however, it's easier to do it and maintain it using Orchestrator. So if Orchestrator in place, then create a Runbook where the first activity is "Monitor Object": class=Trouble Ticket User Comments / Trigger =New / Filter: Comment contains [reactivate], then the following activities will be something like:

• get relationship & get object (in order to get the related Incident of that comment)
    • Check the status of the incident using a Filter (Include) under the Properties of the Link (Status = Resolved)
    • Update Activity (Status = "In Progress)

the below screenshot shows the first activity "Monitor Object", let me know if you need any assistance with the runbook (if Orchestrator in place, otherwise create a custom workflow using the authoring tools)

Saturday, September 7, 2013 2:04 AM
  • Thanks Ayman,

I will give this a shot.

Cheers

B

Monday, September 9, 2013 2:22 PM
  • Hey Ayman,

So I am trying to use Orchestrator as per your advise.

I have setup the runbook, I believe I setup correctly but when I ran the Runbook nothing has changed.

Can you please advise.

Thanks

B

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Please upload it to skydrive to have look at it.
    • Edited by Ayman Yassine Tuesday, September 10, 2013 4:35 PM Typo
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 4:34 PM
  • You can do this with a custom workflow, for the portal part. And a custom incident update template on the Exchange Connector for the e-mail. I will upload a few screendumps of it when I have my lab running.

Friday, September 13, 2013 7:09 PM
  • Some screendumps of what I talked about.

And the custom workflow in XML that sets the status if the user update a resolved/closed incident from the portal.

<Rule ID="WorkflowSubscription_81146cd4_9efe_49e4_a504_b654b5c7bbf1" Enabled="true" Target="IncidentManagement!System.WorkItem.Incident.Wizard.AutomaticChangeIncident" ConfirmDelivery="true" Remotable="true" Priority="Normal" DiscardLevel="100">
            <Category>System</Category>
            <DataSources>
              <DataSource ID="DS" TypeID="SystemCenter!Microsoft.SystemCenter.CmdbInstanceSubscription.DataSourceModule">
                <Subscription>
                  <RelationshipSubscription RelType="$MPElement[Name='WorkItem!System.WorkItem.TroubleTicketHasUserComment']$" SourceType="$MPElement[Name='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Incident_Library!System.WorkItem.Incident']$" TargetType="$MPElement[Name='WorkItem!System.WorkItem.TroubleTicket.UserCommentLog']$">
                    <AddRelationship />
                  </RelationshipSubscription>
                  <PollingIntervalInSeconds>100</PollingIntervalInSeconds>
                  <BatchSize>100</BatchSize>
                </Subscription>
              </DataSource>
            </DataSources>
            <WriteActions>
              <WriteAction ID="WA" TypeID="SystemCenter!Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.SystemCenter.Subscription.WindowsWorkflowTaskWriteAction">
                <Subscription>
                  <VisibleWorkflowStatusUi>true</VisibleWorkflowStatusUi>
                  <EnableBatchProcessing>true</EnableBatchProcessing>
                  <WindowsWorkflowConfiguration>
                    <AssemblyName>Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Incident.Workflows</AssemblyName>
                    <WorkflowTypeName>Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Incident.Workflows.AutomaticIncidentChangeWorkflow</WorkflowTypeName>
                    <WorkflowParameters>
                      <WorkflowArrayParameter Name="InstanceIds" Type="guid">
                        <Item>$Data/BaseManagedEntityId$</Item>
                      </WorkflowArrayParameter>
                      <WorkflowParameter Name="InstanceTemplate" Type="guid">ea3d502f-51c7-21fa-af37-662799e62663</WorkflowParameter>
                      <WorkflowParameter Name="NotificationRulesEnabled" Type="boolean">False</WorkflowParameter>
                    </WorkflowParameters>
                    <RetryExceptions />
                    <RetryDelaySeconds>60</RetryDelaySeconds>
                    <MaximumRunningTimeSeconds>7200</MaximumRunningTimeSeconds>
                  </WindowsWorkflowConfiguration>
                </Subscription>
              </WriteAction>
            </WriteActions>
          </Rule> 

Remember to change the marked template ID to your own 'Set Active' template.

Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:15 AM
  • Sorry Ayman for the late response.

Here is the attached RunBook

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=44192E5890D62E37!152&authkey=!AHB9oOr1OHQeQ3k&ithint=file%2c.ois_export

The part that it fails right now when I run the runbook is when it tries to get the relationship

maybe you can advise.

Thanks

Boris

Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:38 AM
  • Here is also a screenshot of the Get-Relationship

Thanks

Boris

Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:51 AM
  • Hello Ayman, could you please show more screenshots of the other activities. I have no idea how to set the Get Relationship and Get Object Properties to get this work.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:07 PM