DEll& SUN Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• hi there

is there a DEll management pack to support UNIX/LINUX , especially linux redhat enterprise 5.1

also is there a sun mp , please refer to the functioning MP

thanks

Monday, January 3, 2011 12:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• There is a Management pack to support redhat linux.  It has nothing to do with the hardware vendor you install your OS on however.

I am not aware of a Sun hardware management pack - try the catalog, or look at third party vendors like bridgways to see what they have.

Microsoft Corporation
    Monday, January 3, 2011 4:54 PM
  • now my problem is i installed an agent on linux redhat and im pulling the information successfully , the problem is that redhat is hosted on a Dell Server , i tried using the DELL MP to read information from that server but with no luck , any idea whats going on ? 

thanks

Monday, January 3, 2011 7:49 PM
  • any help please ?

thanks

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:48 AM
  • Sadly for DELL MP if you look at the Operationg system http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R290639&formatcnt=0&libid=0&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=432840 you will see only:
    Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64
    Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x86
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64

Try to make your own monitor and read data from the Logs on the linux machines!

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, January 7, 2011 9:48 AM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:26 PM
  • ok what about SUN MP ? is there one ? is it free or money ?
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 7:52 AM
  • The Dell MP requires an agent to be on the server.  With linix/unix monitoring, there is no agent installed, so the Dell MP cannot function in that environment.  The MP calls scripts, which require a working OS scripting envirinment launched by CSCRIPT.exe - a windows program.

Convert your servers to Windows and you will be able to monitor the hardware as well as the OS.

Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, January 7, 2011 9:48 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 4:29 PM