send-as permissions having problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Today, I created 3 mail boxes in exchange 2007. I applied send-as permissions on all three so my email account could send-as other 3 accounts. Restarted MS Exchange Store Service. Now, I can send from only two accounts not the 3rd one. I deleted the account and recreated it but still to no avail. I have allowed send-as thru EMC. I used the following command,

Get-mailbox mail_box_name | Get-ADPermission | where {($_.ExtendedRights -like “*Send-As*”)} | FT -Wrap

can see my credentials as send-as enabled. I am changing 'from' field in outlook 2007 but still 3rd account doesn't send the email. I get the following error.

'You are not allowed to send this message because you are trying to send on behalf of another sender without permission to do so. Please verify that you are sending on behalf of the correct sender, or ask your system administrator to help you get the required permission.'

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Monday, November 28, 2011 11:24 AM

Answers

• Hi again,

Try to remove the permission and give again with powershell command:

Give the permission to user directly.. dont add user into a group

Add-ADPermission testmbx -ExtendedRights Send-As -user jaredz

Add-MailboxPermission testmbx -AccessRights FullAccess -user jaredz

you can give full mailbox permission and check the same. I think the permission is applying to it but problem is taking time to replicate. 

you can refer this:  

http://theessentialexchange.com/blogs/michael/archive/2008/01/18/Exchange-Server-Caches.aspx

Thanks & Regards, Kottees
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:34 AM
  • Hello All,

just get it working now,

I actually created another test account, assigned permissions, waited for 2 hours but it didn't worked. I downloaded the OAB and realized that this account is not coming in there after downloading it many time. I logged into system using test account and started outlook for the first time, logged off again after initial setup. Downloaded OAB again and sent the email using different from (test account) it was working then.

Bit Strange, I believe the key is that you need to login using that account once and use outlook for first time as well. Then it will show up in OAB.

Many Thanks All,

• Marked as answer by trueUser Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:17 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hello trueUser,

On AD user and computer - search for 3rd account - on the security tab, your domain name - check and see if the "Send as" option is checked?

Never stop learning
    Monday, November 28, 2011 3:24 PM
  • Hi there,

Please check whether that 3rd account is hidden from the GAL.

If it is so then it is not possible.

And also try to download the OAB if you are running outlook on cached exchange mode.

• Edited by imkottees Monday, November 28, 2011 3:39 PM add some more
    Monday, November 28, 2011 3:38 PM
  • Hello OneWay85,
    on security tab, I can see my name in 'Group or Usernames' when I press it. The box beneath shows 'send-as' selected.
    Thanks
    Monday, November 28, 2011 10:30 PM
  • Hello imkottees,

No its not invisible,

and I tried download OAB but still the same problem.

Thanks

Monday, November 28, 2011 10:31 PM
  • Hi again,

Try to remove the permission and give again with powershell command:

Give the permission to user directly.. dont add user into a group

Add-ADPermission testmbx -ExtendedRights Send-As -user jaredz

Add-MailboxPermission testmbx -AccessRights FullAccess -user jaredz

you can give full mailbox permission and check the same. I think the permission is applying to it but problem is taking time to replicate. 

you can refer this:  

http://theessentialexchange.com/blogs/michael/archive/2008/01/18/Exchange-Server-Caches.aspx

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:34 AM
  • Hello All,

just get it working now,

I actually created another test account, assigned permissions, waited for 2 hours but it didn't worked. I downloaded the OAB and realized that this account is not coming in there after downloading it many time. I logged into system using test account and started outlook for the first time, logged off again after initial setup. Downloaded OAB again and sent the email using different from (test account) it was working then.

Bit Strange, I believe the key is that you need to login using that account once and use outlook for first time as well. Then it will show up in OAB.

Many Thanks All,

• Marked as answer by trueUser Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:17 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:16 AM