ScheduledDefrag runs multiple times a day, when it should run only once per week RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking at my Task Scheduler's history for the ScheduledDefrag and it seems that it has run successfully more than 10 times yesterday. It has also run many times a day before that, but at different times. Same seems to occur almost every day. And I mean completed tasks. It has tried to run many more times per day, but I've moved a mouse or have done something that stop computer for being idle.

All of the Task Scheduler's settings are default, which means that ScheduledDefrag should run once a week at 01:00 on Wednesday. Well, depending on where you live it is either Friday or Saturday, but ScheduledDefrag has already run successfully today. What does this mean and how can I make it to act normally?

Saturday, May 25, 2013 3:03 AM

All replies

• I've deselected the option "Allow task to be run on demand". If doing such aids in preventing mentioned event from launching too often and thus it launches only at the scheduled time, what could have been possible triggers for such?
    Saturday, May 25, 2013 4:48 AM
  • It seems that deselecting that option actually made a difference. However, I can not exclude the possibility that ScheduledDefrag has always been triggered by somebody, who is able to control my computer remotely - without my permission, of course. But that's what is like to live in Finland these days. Snowden, if Finnish government ever promises you a safe house, don't trust them.
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:37 PM