none
I can't change desktop wallpaper in Windows 10 via GPO ( Server 2012 r2 ).

Question

• Hi Everyone,

Please suggest me something to change Desktop wallpaper in Windows10. We've windows7 before and it was working fine but when we upgraded to 10 it won't work at all. Background color is black even I didn't change at all. I did some settings in GPO to change wallpaper but it could not work. Registry is fine, APPDATA would ok. 

Please help me out of this. We've 200 machines and I've to change to solid blue wallpaper. 

Awaiting for your reply,

Thanks,

Mickey

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Mickey,
    As far as I know, there is different behavior on between Windows 7 and Windows 10. In Windows 7, when user log in, the cached wallpaper file will re-generated automatically. But in Windows 10, if the wallpaper path didn’t change, the cached wallpaper will not re-generate.
    In this case, you could have a try to deleted below file on a problematic Windows 10 and re-log in and see if desktop wallpaper changes.
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper

If it works, you could use a log off script to automatically take action for all Windows 10 clients.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Mickey,
    As far as I know, there is different behavior on between Windows 7 and Windows 10. In Windows 7, when user log in, the cached wallpaper file will re-generated automatically. But in Windows 10, if the wallpaper path didn’t change, the cached wallpaper will not re-generate.
    In this case, you could have a try to deleted below file on a problematic Windows 10 and re-log in and see if desktop wallpaper changes.
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper

If it works, you could use a log off script to automatically take action for all Windows 10 clients.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:27 AM
  • Hi Mickey,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Monday, August 29, 2016 7:22 AM