none
Email notification when PM rejects a task update RRS feed

• Question

• PS 2013. Task updates, not timesheets.

I'm trying to find out if there's a setting that would allow the user who submitted a task update through PWA to receive an e-mail notification if the PM rejected that update.  The PM can reject with comment, but I don't see where the comment ever makes it back to the user.  Any ideas?

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 3:34 PM

Answers

• Kevin --

To the best of my knowledge, Project Server 2013 has never send notification messages to team members when their project manager rejects a task update.  Because of that, I have always personally recommended that PMs do NOT use the Reject functionality.  Instead, I recommend a phone call, e-mail message, or visit with the team member to discuss why the task update is wrong.  And then I recommend the team member recall their timesheet, correct the mistake, and resubmit the timesheet. 

By the way, the team member can view the Comment by clicking the name of the task in either the Timesheet page or the Tasks page in PWA.  The comment will be displayed in the Recent Task Changes section of the page, which shows the task update history for the task.  This is also why I do not recommend using the Reject functionality, because the comment is so well hidden that the team member will never see it!  :)

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Kevin Slane Friday, December 7, 2018 3:01 PM
    Friday, December 7, 2018 2:36 PM

All replies

• Kevin --

To the best of my knowledge, Project Server 2013 has never send notification messages to team members when their project manager rejects a task update.  Because of that, I have always personally recommended that PMs do NOT use the Reject functionality.  Instead, I recommend a phone call, e-mail message, or visit with the team member to discuss why the task update is wrong.  And then I recommend the team member recall their timesheet, correct the mistake, and resubmit the timesheet. 

By the way, the team member can view the Comment by clicking the name of the task in either the Timesheet page or the Tasks page in PWA.  The comment will be displayed in the Recent Task Changes section of the page, which shows the task update history for the task.  This is also why I do not recommend using the Reject functionality, because the comment is so well hidden that the team member will never see it!  :)

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Kevin Slane Friday, December 7, 2018 3:01 PM
    Friday, December 7, 2018 2:36 PM
  • Thank you, Dale.  As always, wonderful to hear from you.  Hope you're doing well.

Kevin

Friday, December 7, 2018 3:02 PM