none
Enterprise global already contains a calendar named RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Project Server 2010 and Project Professional 2010.

We have a master file with about 12 subprojects. Every time we open the master file we get the following error message :

The enterprise global already contains a calendar named "xxxxxxx". Do you want to replace the calendar with the one from the enterprise global, replace all items with duplicate names, rename the calendar in the project,
    or cancel opening the project?

It makes no difference if we replace all or rename as the message always appears.

How can we get rid of the message?

Monday, April 29, 2013 10:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Your Project Server administrator has polluted the Enterprise Global file , to resolve this issue please follow this article "http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/cantoverwriteobject.aspx".

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Monday, April 29, 2013 10:36 AM
  • I agree that there is an issue with the Enterprise Global file as I can see the "offending" calendar in it. Only problem is that I cannot delete it even though I followed the instructions in the link.

Is there any other way that I can just restore the Enterprise Global file to its original settings?

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:46 AM
  • Yes,

Just go to Server Settings -> Database Administration -> Administrative Restore -> Select "Enterprise Global" then Click "Restore"... That's it.

Note: For testing would recommend you to try this on Test server first.

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:33 AM