none
Exchange 2013 Hybrid mail flow

Question

• Hi,

We have hybrid Exchange 2013. We have enabled centralized mail because of requirements. All users are synced to Office 365 and all mailboxes are moved to Office 365. Now we have pointed our MX to Office 365 and i see something i cannot clarrify. When external email arrives in Office 365 it is routed to on-premises Exchange server and is then routed back to Office 365 to the user mailbox. This causes delay in mail and why is the mail not delivered in the mailbox on arrival in Office 365 ?

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 5:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We have hybrid Exchange 2013. We have enabled centralized mail because of requirements. All users are synced to Office 365 and all mailboxes are moved to Office 365. Now we have pointed our MX to Office 365 and i see something i cannot clarrify. When external email arrives in Office 365 it is routed to on-premises Exchange server and is then routed back to Office 365 to the user mailbox. This causes delay in mail and why is the mail not delivered in the mailbox on arrival in Office 365 ?

That's by design when you use centralized transport:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj659050(v=exchg.150).aspx

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

That's by design when you use centralized transport:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj659050(v=exchg.150).aspx

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:04 PM
  • Had a rough day didn't notice that :-(

Sorry for that but thanks for replying

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:40 PM