SCSM HTML5 Portal : •The username token isn't passing values to the mapped field RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

If I read information of update1 of the SCSM HTML5 Portal:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3124091

I can see that among issues fixed, there is:
    The username token isn't passing values to the mapped field

But in my case, it is still not happening. And the service account is still being populated instead of the username portal token.
    Quite annoying as many of my request offerings are using that token.

As update1 is well not available anymore in download, (link sent to update2), what is installed on my SCSM HTML5 server is the RTM version + KB3134286 + KB3144617

Thx for the assistance,
    Kr,
    Laurent.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hey Laurent,

Portal Updates are cumulative, so installing the last of them is sufficient to ensure you have addressed all known issues. It is very strange that you still see the service account as the creator of work items (if I got this right). Can you please post a bit more details on exactly what symptoms you are observing? That'd be great...

Please excuse my question if it is lame, but you have restarted your portal Server after installing the last update, right (or at least IIS reset)? 

What UR is your SCSM on?

Thanks,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 12:39 PM
  • SCSM is running at UR8

Indeed iisreset did happened already, like a server reboot :)

Regarding the issue, we still have the SharePoint version of SMPortal where the affected user of the Service Request is well the one populated via the Token username portal ... But with the same request under HTML5 portal, it is the Service Account populated under affected user of SR.

Laurent.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 12:52 PM
  • Hey Laurent,

So I have two more "basic" suggestions and then I am out of ideas:

1. Are you running both portals on different servers?

As per:

New Self Service Portal Deployment Scenarios and Troubleshooting

"If you are installing the new Portal on the same server as old SharePoint Portal: This release of the Self-Service Portal is not compatible with—nor is upgrade possible from—the old Self-Service Portal in System Center Service Manager 2010 or in System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Service Manager 2012 R2. You must uninstall older versions of the Self-Service Portal before you deploy the new Self-Service Portal in System Center 2012 – Service Manager."

2. Are you updates properly displayed in the list of installed updates (this is to ensure that the updates have been properly installed)? Can you please verify the build version of your portal. It should be 7.5.3079.572:

Build Number KB Release Date Description
    7.5.3079.507 KB3096383 2015 November 10 SCSM 2012 R2 Update Rollup 8
    7.5.3079.523 KB3124091 2015 December 14 Update 1 for SCSM 2012 R2 Self Service Portal
    7.5.3079.548 KB3134286 2016 January 26 Update 2 for SCSM 2012 R2 Self Service Portal
    7.5.3079.572 KB3144617 2016 May 10 Update 3 for SCSM 2012 R2 Self Service Portal

Cheers,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:20 PM