Lync 2010 and Cisco Call Manager 8.03 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

we're using Lync 2010 together with Cisco Call Manager 8.03. We established a sip-trunk and all works fine except one thing. If someone is signed out of lync and a call comes in then the Cisco IP Phone rings exactly 3 times. Afterwards the call is redirected to the voice box of the Cisco System. You've got no chance to catch the call if you are not standing in front of the Cisco IP Phone. 

If the user is signed in to Lync and a call comes in all works as it sould do, then the Cisco IP Phone and the Lync Client rings 8 to 10 times.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Walter 

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 2:23 PM

All replies

• What value have you configured for Unanswered calls in the Lync client? Have you tried increasing the value?

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 5:23 PM
  • Check whether you can catch the call when the call is calling you, then you manually forward the call to voice mail when then IP phone rings 3 time.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:28 AM
  • We configured unanswered calls to go to voice mail in 60 seconds. It was 20 seconds before.
    Friday, December 7, 2012 7:42 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

If I don't catch the call while ringing 3 times on the Cisco IP Phone the call is automatically forwarded to the Cisco Voice Mail. This doesn't happen if I'm signed in Lync Client. If I'm signed into Lync and don't answer the call, Cisco will forward the call after 50 seconds to the Cisco Voice Mail. This is the expected behaviour. But if I'm not signed in Cisco does this after 10 seconds.

The question is:
    What gives Lync Server back to Cisco when I'm not signed in?

Friday, December 7, 2012 7:56 AM