none
How to set Project Manager property displayed in Portfolio Analyzer Cube RRS feed

• Question

• In Project Server 2013 we are reporting on our project portfolio using the Portfolio Analyzer OLAP cube and we want to display the Project Manager that is assigned to that project in our Excel PivotTable report.

Right now I have the "Project List" field set as a row label with Work displayed in the values.  If I right click on the project name in the pivot table there is an option to "Show Properties in Report" and one of the properties listed is "Project Manager".  My problem is that the value of this project manager field is blank and I do not know where to set it.

This is a screenshot of the tooltip information that displays the properties relateted to this "project" called administrative internal time.

Regards,

Jason

Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

I think that the project manager you are refering to is to be filled in the file menu, new, project information. Try this and tell us if it works.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:34 PM
  • That is the field I need to change, but it only lets me change it on a local project.  Once I publish my project to the server I am unable to access the "Advanced Properties" from ProjectPro.  Is there a way to edit this info after it has been published?  Example scenario is that a project is transitioned from one manager to another.

Jason

Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:08 PM
  • Hi Jason,

I cannot reproduce what you are mentionning. Meaning that I still can change the Manager value in the advanced properties after publishing the project. Can you post a screenshot or give more details? I tried with MS Project Pro 2010 but this feature hasn't changed since a long time thus I'm assuming that it is the same behavior.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:22 PM
  • It allows me to edit these properties prior to saving the project to server by going through the Info> Project information > Advanced Properties options.

Then I save to server... Save As > Project Server > Save

Then I cannot open that Advanced Properties window again.  Info> Project information > Advanced Properties options, I select/click this menu and nothing happens, the window does not display anymore. The project statistics window opens, and there is a new option to "view in project web app" after i have saved it to server as well.

I would add screenshots but my account does not let me do that yet (too new I guess). 

Let me know if there is any addional information that would help you diagnos this.

Jason

Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:44 PM
  • Unfortunately I don't have PS2013 right now so I'll only be able to test it with 2013 tonight. Maybe in the meanwhile some other experts from the forum might jump in.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, November 13, 2014 5:39 PM
  • Were you ever able to duplicate this issue on PS2013?
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 4:28 PM
  • Hi Jason

I repeated the steps what you said, and indeed it showed the same behaviour which you mentioned. And I also did not get the Advanced properties windows.

So as it seems to me I cannot change the "Owner" from MSP and I have to use PWA only if I need to change the Project Manager of a project in case the project is transitioned from one project manager to other.

Thanks

Manish

Friday, December 19, 2014 9:55 AM