Sign on issues RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to help my Mom sign on to her computer.  When she turns on her computer, the first page displays her User Name correctly and asks for her Password.  She has been using this same password to get on her computer several times a day for years now.  All of a sudden after she enters her password it says " The User Profile Service failed the logon.  User profile cannot be loaded".  I have read the forum questions and answers about "Open up your registry and go to HKEYLOCAL" but my question is:

How do you get to any page, etc.  as there is nothing on the screen that allows you entry into the compter.  The bottoms down at the right hand side turn the computer off.  There is no right side/left side of the mouse to use as it does nothing.  I cannot get past this first page and it has been an exhausting process so far and I can't fix this for her.  Please help and tell me the exact steps I need to take to simply have her put in her password and use her computer.  I will be forever in your debt!!  Thanks

Friday, March 7, 2014 6:27 PM

All replies

• There is a good habit that users use acount with least privileges. Administrator account is used for system administrator maintenance. If you have Administrator credentials, it is possible to get in and work with profiles in registry.

Regards

Milos

Friday, March 7, 2014 7:20 PM