none
Inconsistent replica of DB - ID 104 error 0x80070057 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Sorry for posting in multiple forums, but I've not had any response to this question in the DPM Sharepoint Protection Forum so I'm hoping someone checking this, General forum may be able to help.

'DPM 2010 is failing to backup my MOSS\MySites_Content database with the following error message:

The replica of SQL Server 2008 database XXXXX\MOSS\MySites_Content on XXX.XXX.com is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent.

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)

An unexpected error occurred while the job was running. (ID 104 Details: The parameter is incorrect (0x80070057))'

This is the only database that is failing to backup.  I have tried to manually rerun the ‘synchronization job with consistency check’ but it just fails again with the same error.

I have also tried removing the affected database from the Protection Group, deleting inactive replicas for the database from DPM and adding the database back into the Protection Group, but it just failed again.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ros

Friday, November 11, 2011 10:05 AM

All replies

• did you have install all the DPM patch? if you try to backup the db with SSMS what happen?

S

S.Net
    MCITP Enterprise Administrator - MCTS Virtualization - Operations Manager 2007 - Exchange Server 2007 - MCSE-M
    S.Net Blog
    WindowServer.it
    WindowServer.it Learning Portal

Friday, November 11, 2011 2:18 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

The DPM patch KB2465832 has not been applied so my protection agents are at v3.0.7706.0.  I'm not really in a position to apply the new patch at the moment as I'm assuming that, as with previous upgrades to the Protection Agent, it will require a reboot of the protected servers.

I can successfully do a manual backup of the database with SSMS.  I have tried doing this and then going back to DPM and manually rerunning the 'synchronization job with consistency check' but it failed again with exactly the same error.

DPM is successfully backing up several other databases on the same SQL server - including all the other DBs that are part of the SharePoint deployment.  It's just this one database that's failing.

Ros

• Edited by Rossyd75 Friday, November 11, 2011 3:05 PM
    Friday, November 11, 2011 2:49 PM