Copy Performance Point lists between environments RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to copy paste Performance Point content lists and Data Connexion between 2 SharePoint 2013 environments (different farms)

Actually we use Dashboard Designer to create report, kpi, filter and Dashboard . We actually have many items in our production farm and would like to copy these elements into POC farm (same Active Directory, same Cube, OLAP)

Is it possible ? We already success to copy Performance Point content in the same farm between 2 differents web application or Site collection.

Best regards,

Friday, October 31, 2014 10:22 AM

Answers

• Hi arimaze,

Whether you tried to select multiple items then clicked Export/Import Content, like the screenshot:

Please have a try as the above screenshot.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by arimaze Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:00 AM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:21 AM

All replies

• Hi arimaze,

How did you copy PerformancePoint content in the same farm?

Whether you try to use "Export Content" and "Import Content" ribbon button in PERFORMANCEPOINT ribbon. Please do a test, and let me know the result.

In addition, there are two articles about migrating PerformancePoint content, please check if they are useful for you:

http://denglishbi.wordpress.com/2010/11/20/migrating-performancepoint-2010-content-to-new-server/

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/performancepoint/archive/2012/08/03/what-s-new-in-performancepoint-services-2013.aspx (8.server-side migrate)

Best Regrads,

Wendy

Wendy Li

• Proposed as answer by John NaguibMVP Monday, November 3, 2014 9:59 AM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 8:34 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

Thanks for links, i try to do the same between farms creating a .cmp using import/export. It works well !

However it's well to copy few dashboards, is it possible to bulk this action because i can only add 1 item per 1 item for exemple if i would like to export all kpi/reports/dashboard in one list keeping link with data connexions in another list and import in another farm ?

Best regards,

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 9:16 AM
  • Hi arimaze,

Whether you tried to select multiple items then clicked Export/Import Content, like the screenshot:

Please have a try as the above screenshot.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Wendy Li

• Marked as answer by arimaze Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:00 AM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:21 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

That's it great !! Thank you, i didn't select items before clicking export content.

To sublime this functions, but it's already pretty powerfull are there any powershell commands to bulk this export action on many sites ?

i find  this function to import

locationMap = @{"<source dashboard library>" = "<target dashboard library>"; `
                "<source PPS library>" = "<target PPS library>"; `
                "<source Data Connections library>" = "<Target Data Connections library>"}
    $datasourceMap = @{"<Data Connection 1>" = "(no change, use source)"}
    $SiteCollectionURL = "<$SiteCollectionName>"
    $spWeb = Get-SPWeb $SiteCollectionURL

Import-SPPerformancePointContent -DatasourceMap $datasourceMap -ImportFileUrl "<The url of PPS Export file (This needs to be local to target site)>" -LocationMap $locationMap -MasterPageUrl "~masterurl/default.master" -SiteDestination $spWeb 

Best regards,

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:00 AM