Erratic Mouse pointer and Dual Nvidia GTX 275 SLI RRS feed

• Question

• The mouse pointer movement is intermitently very erratic with a newly installed Windows 7 RTM.  Moving the mouse a quarter of an inch sometimes gives a full screen jump of the pointer.  I have tried all settings of the mouse pointer speed control with no effect.

The hardware configuration is:
    MB                 EVGA 141-BL-E760-A1 X58 RT  Certified
    Video             EVGA 017-P3-1175-AR GF GTX275    two units in SLI configuration
    Processor       Intel Core I7 920  (default clock speeeds)
    PS                 Corsair CMPSU-750HX
    Memory          OCZ OCZ3P1600LV6GK R
    KB & MS         Microsoft CSD-00001 R  Desktop 5000 (Wireless Mouse 5000 and Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000)
    DVD               Pioneer DVR-118LBK
    BD                 Pioneer BDR-203BK

The mouse driver version is 7.0.258.0 dated 5/8/2009
    The Nvidia driver is version 8.16.11.9107 dated 9/27/2009

If I disable the Nvidia Display Adaptors using the Device Manager the mouse and keyboard work properly indicating an incompatability between the mouse and the display adaptors.  However the display is basic VGA.

If I replace the Desktop 5000 with a Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard and a Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 everything works normally.

Any sugestions as to how to get the Desktop 5000 working properly?

Regards;
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:16 PM

Answers

• I had already tried all the things that were suggested.  I have found that if the mouse and keyboard drivers are installed after the Nvidia drivers that everything now works properly.  I deinstalled both driver sets and then reinstalled them with the Nvidia drivers being installed first.  Previously the mouse worked properly when the Nvidia ddivers were not enabled during the clean boot.

Regards;
    Friday, October 16, 2009 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Arlyn,

I suggest you replace the battery for your wireless mouse first.

If it does not work, I also suggest you refer to the following links to update the NVIDIA GTX275 display card driver and the Desktop Set software.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK

If it still cannot work, you can test the issue in Clean Boot.

What’s the result?

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 6:07 AM
  • I had already tried all the things that were suggested.  I have found that if the mouse and keyboard drivers are installed after the Nvidia drivers that everything now works properly.  I deinstalled both driver sets and then reinstalled them with the Nvidia drivers being installed first.  Previously the mouse worked properly when the Nvidia ddivers were not enabled during the clean boot.

Regards;
    Friday, October 16, 2009 4:32 PM