none
Search or Report on the CVE ID using SCUP 2011 and SCCM 2012. RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of deploying SCCM 2012 on a single server since we have a small environment, as a Primary Site Server.  The SQL databases are located on a separate SQL 2008 cluster.  I also have SCUP 2011 installed on the SCCM 2012 server.

I am starting to use SCUP as the facilitator to publish 3rd party patches into SCCM and I would like to be able to report on the CVE number that an update has.  I know that not all updates have a CVE and that microsoft updates usually publish this in the MSID article.

My question is if there is anyway to report on this CVE code from within System Center Configuration Manager?  If the data is in the xml file in SCUP and I can read it there, does that information get discarded when published to SCCM or does it remain with the update but hidden in the SQL DB?  If it is hidden, I'm sure we can report on it but I would like to know if anyone else is pursuing this or had any other ideas for reporting on the CVE or searching for the CVE in SCCM 2012?

Thanks in advance.

Jason Apt, Microsoft Certified Master | Exchange 2010 My Blog

• Moved by arnavsharma Friday, September 6, 2013 8:26 AM posted in sccm 2007 forums
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:11 PM

Answers

• Yes, I know this is an old post, but I’m trying to clean them up. Did you solve this problem, if so what was the solution?

To my knowledge nothing was added to R2 that would give you the CVE. I think this can be done as a custom solution but it would take a while to do the R&D and write the solution.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

Saturday, February 28, 2015 3:56 PM

All replies

• Yes, I know this is an old post, I’m trying to clean them up, Did you figure this out, if so how?

http://www.enhansoft.com/

Saturday, December 14, 2013 4:58 PM
  • Hi Garth -

I didn't find an answer to this solution.  I ended up justmanually working through some of the items that I had to remediate and that worked for now.  I haven't revisited this item since R2 was released so I'm not sure if anything was added that may help facilitate this request.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Apt, Microsoft Certified Master | Exchange 2010 My Blog

Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:09 PM
  • Yes, I know this is an old post, but I’m trying to clean them up. Did you solve this problem, if so what was the solution?

To my knowledge nothing was added to R2 that would give you the CVE. I think this can be done as a custom solution but it would take a while to do the R&D and write the solution.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

Saturday, February 28, 2015 3:56 PM