none
No outline levels from Project Online main project page? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm still relatively new to Project Online, but I have four projects I have showing on the project page of Project Online. Three from SharePoint task lists and one Enterprise Project.  All I can see is the project name and related columns.  If I want to see anything "below" that (i.e., at various outline levels), the Outline command in the Projects ribbon doesn't do anything.   Sure I can go to the individual project or SharePoint task list and see it there, but I thought in some Microsoft video that from the projects page of Project Online I should be able to see more detail on each project.

So what's the scoop, oh experienced ones?  Bug or feature?  :)

Friday, December 12, 2014 12:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Cuttyson,

The Project Center page ("Project" link from the quick launch menu on the left part of the PWA page) only displays 1 row per project and there is no such a feature which allows developing a project from the project center. To do this, you have to click on the project name and access all detail information about the project (or sharepoint list).

It has been like this since the first versions of Project Server's Web Application.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Cuttyson Friday, December 12, 2014 5:21 PM
    Friday, December 12, 2014 3:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Cuttyson,

The Project Center page ("Project" link from the quick launch menu on the left part of the PWA page) only displays 1 row per project and there is no such a feature which allows developing a project from the project center. To do this, you have to click on the project name and access all detail information about the project (or sharepoint list).

It has been like this since the first versions of Project Server's Web Application.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Cuttyson Friday, December 12, 2014 5:21 PM
    Friday, December 12, 2014 3:41 AM
  • Thanks again, Guillaume.  They ought to take the Outline command out of the ribbon on that screen then - or at least gray it out.  Small thing, but....
    Friday, December 12, 2014 5:22 PM