none
Resource Capacity Planning Date range RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

sorry, not sure about your issue. Are you not allowed to select a different date? Just make sutre, that you click on a specific date after moving to the correct month.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Tuesday, May 9, 2017 8:09 PM
    Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:11 PM
  • Hi,

the settings in " Server Settings / Additional Server Settings / Resources capacity Settings" are no immediate settings. In Project Server 2010-2016, Resource Capacity Settings are calulated by a timer job. This job runs once a day (if you don't change default values in Central Admin), using the defined settings in "Additional Server Settings".

I don't think that this is different in Project Online. With my experience from former versions, I have never expected to see changed settings before the next day.

For other setting: Changing language (for my account) takes between 2 and 30 min, I have never had to wait longer than that. But sometimes, I am not able to change at all.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Wednesday, May 10, 2017 6:29 AM
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

sorry, not sure about your issue. Are you not allowed to select a different date? Just make sutre, that you click on a specific date after moving to the correct month.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Tuesday, May 9, 2017 8:09 PM
    Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:11 PM
  • Sorry, my initial explanations were very succinct.

I was baffled because the system did not react according to the settings I specified in Server Settings / Additional Server Settings / Resources capacity Settings : Months behind : 3; Months ahead : 12.

Whatever I was doing, I always got the message: “Please select a date range between 09/05/2017 and 24/05/2017. This range has been set by your administrator in Resource Capacity Settings”.

But finally, after about 4 hours of waiting time, suddenly, my range of dates is taken into account.

That’s not the first time I encountered a very long waiting time after a change in some settings. For example, when I change the language of Office 365, I have to wait more than 12 hours to observe the change. While I have a very fast Internet connection (fiber glass).

Thanks

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 8:09 PM
  • Hi,

the settings in " Server Settings / Additional Server Settings / Resources capacity Settings" are no immediate settings. In Project Server 2010-2016, Resource Capacity Settings are calulated by a timer job. This job runs once a day (if you don't change default values in Central Admin), using the defined settings in "Additional Server Settings".

I don't think that this is different in Project Online. With my experience from former versions, I have never expected to see changed settings before the next day.

For other setting: Changing language (for my account) takes between 2 and 30 min, I have never had to wait longer than that. But sometimes, I am not able to change at all.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Wednesday, May 10, 2017 6:29 AM
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:34 AM